A Contributor may apply for a “Regular” Contributions Refund after the contribution has been held for a period of 7 years. The application for the refund can be submitted during any of the 12 months of the 8th year.
“Regular” Contribution Refunds are issued to Self-Employed persons, Employees or Voluntary Contributors, but not Employers.
When applying you will need to have:
- Your TRN
- Your NIS Number
Occasionally, there are instances where multiple persons may have been assigned the same NIS Number, or where one person may have multiple NIS Numbers. We advise you to ask the NIS office for a verification letter, which will indicate the correct number to be used.
- Your personal contact information
- Please ensure to provide as much reliable contact information (including your e-mail address) as possible so that we can get in touch with you if we have any queries regarding your application.
- A valid (non-expired) Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, Passport or Voter’s ID.
If you select to be paid via a remittance agency please ensure that you present the same Photo ID used in your application and that this ID is still valid at the time of collection.
- The registered names of the company/companies with which you worked during the year/years for which you are applying for a refund. You will also need to know the year(s) that you worked at each company.
- This means that if you are applying for a Refund for your contributions paid to the NHT in the year 2000, you will need to know the registered name of the company or companies with which you worked in the year 2000. One of the best ways to confirm the registered name of the company is to refer to your pay slip.
- Your banking information (if you select to receive your refund via your bank).
Please ensure that you enter the correct bank account number and branch (the branch where the account was opened). Also, ensure that your bank account is not dormant and that the name on the account matches the name in your application.
“Regular” Contributions Refunds will only be paid to the name of the Contributor. If your name has been changed you will need to provide proof of the change of name.