1. If you made contributions in 2007 and before that, and you have not yet claimed your contributions refund, you may apply as of January 1, 2014 provided that your name is not on the advisory list.
However, if you are a current NHT mortgagor who had received your loan directly from the NHT, you should not apply for your refunds. The amounts due will be automatically credited to your mortgage account. There are however a few exceptions.
Those who received mortgages through the Joint Finance Mortgage Programme (JFMP) or the Combined Mortgage Programme (CMP) may however, apply for their refunds.
2. To apply, you will need:
Identification and name change
If you have changed your name since making contributions, you will need to provide proof of change of name to the NHT, before you apply.
3. Special refunds (for retired employees, Foreign Nationals permanently leaving Jamaica and invalidity pensioners)
You must also apply online. To complete your application, you must take the following documents to your NHT Branch:
Once you bring in these documents, you will be advised of the date to collect your refunds.
4. Reference numbers
When you apply, you will receive a reference number. Please put this number in a safe place. You will need it to check on the status of your application and to collect your funds at a remittance agency (if you chose this method of collection).
5. Methods of payment
Payment will be made only to commercial bank accounts held in Jamaica or through two remittance agencies contracted by the NHT.
6. To collect your refund at a bank, you will need:
7. To collect your refund at a remittance agency, you will need:
N.B. Refunds left uncollected at remittance agencies for a period exceeding 30 days will be returned to the NHT and you will be asked to re-apply.
8. Overseas applicants
You may make arrangements with the local remittance agencies for the transfer of the funds from the local agency to your account overseas, at a cost to you.
9. If there is any difficulty in processing your claim, you will be notified via e-mail or telephone. However you may contact our Customer Care Department at:
Toll Free numbers:
(for local callers only)